Re: clean up obsolete initdb locale handling

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: clean up obsolete initdb locale handling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> A long time ago, we changed LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE from cluster-wide to
> per-database (61d967498802ab86d8897cb3c61740d7e9d712f6).  There is some
> leftover code from that in initdb.c and backend/main/main.c to pass
> these environment variables around in the expectations that the backend
> will write them to pg_control during bootstrap, which is of course all a
> lie now.

Well, the comments' references to pg_control are indeed obsolete, but why
wouldn't we just replace that with references to "the appropriate entry in
pg_database"?  I don't see why that movement changed anything about what
should happen here.  In particular, I'm concerned that this patch will
result in subtle changes in what settings get chosen during initdb.