Re: Problem with fixed length fields.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with fixed length fields.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Oliver Jowett <oliver@opencloud.com> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Can you refrain from assigning a type at all?

> Pushing on blindly with a Bind without knowing the actual type of the
> parameters you're sending seems possible but dangerous. It'd preclude
> using binary-format parameters for unknown types, at a minimum.

I had in mind doing this *only* for setString; you would essentially be
assuming that the resolved type was text, varchar, or char, which have
interchangeable binary formats.

It would probably be a good idea to do a Describe Statement to verify
that the parameter got resolved as one of those, but this need not add
a round-trip, since you could issue it with the Parse message.

Сообщение: Re: Problem with fixed length fields.
Сообщение: Re: Problem with fixed length fields.