Re: [HACKERS] Tutorial

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Tutorial
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> What *is* broken is table inheritance, and the docs need to reflect
> this.

The combination of inheritance with certain other features is broken,
yes, and the docs do reflect that (see the bottom of
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/ddl-inherit.html
for example).

I will grant you that this page is a near duplicate of the tutorial's
discussion of inheritance, which is surely bad --- either they should
be exact duplicates, or one or the other needs rewriting.  But I'm not
really going to hold still for the docs on inheritance being rewritten
by someone who considers the entire concept broken.  Maybe we can get
elein to do it ;-)