Re: Regression test on FBSD 3.3 & 4.2, IRIX 6.5 (was Re: Re: Call for platforms)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Regression test on FBSD 3.3 & 4.2, IRIX 6.5 (was Re: Re: Call for platforms)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mathijs Brands <mathijs@ilse.nl> writes:
> Notice the single underscore before volatile.

That's definitely wrong --- fixed.

> Fixing this causes
> as (the SGI version, not GNU as) to choke on the '.global tas' statement.

> s_lock.c: At top level:
> s_lock.c:234: warning: `tas_dummy' defined but not used
> as: Error: /var/tmp/ccoUdrOb.s, line 421: undefined assembler operation: .global
>       .global tas
> gmake[4]: *** [s_lock.o] Error 1

Perhaps it should be ".globl"?  That's another common spelling.

Do you know whether anyone uses the GNU assembler on this platform,
or is it always SGI's?  I'm wondering if we need two versions of the
assembly code ...

I had missed the fact that s_lock.c contains some MIPS code.  Anyone
have any idea what versions of the MIPS series this code runs on?