Re: max_stack_depth problem though query is substantially smaller

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: max_stack_depth problem though query is substantially smaller
Дата
Re: max_stack_depth problem though query is substantially smaller  ("Bannert Matthias" <bannert@kof.ethz.ch>)
Список pgsql-general
"Bannert  Matthias" <bannert@kof.ethz.ch> writes:
> Thanks for your reply. I do think it is rather a postgres than an R issue, here's why:
> a) R simply puts an SQL string together. What Charles had posted was an excerpt of that string.
> Basically we have 1.7 MB of that string. Everything else is equal just the hstore contains 40K key value pairs.

Well, as a test I ran a query that included an hstore literal with 4
million key/value pairs (a bit shy of 70MB of query text).  I didn't see
any misbehavior on a machine with 2MB max_stack_depth.  So there's
something else going on in your situation.

I concur with the suggestion to try to get a stack backtrace from the
point of the error.  Setting a breakpoint at errfinish() is usually
an effective strategy when you know that the query will provoke a SQL
error report.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Generating_a_stack_trace_of_a_PostgreSQL_backend