Re: Where do we stand on 9.3 bugs?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Where do we stand on 9.3 bugs?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What remaining issues are there blocking a 9.3.3 release?

> Well hardly a blocker since this has missed 2 releases already, but
> I'm still hopeful to get many PGXS-based extensions to build again
> without the dreaded "install: will not overwrite just-created ..."
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/52406191.6040508@dunslane.net

AFAICT, the state of play on that is that it was reverted out of the
non-devel branches immediately before the October releases (9.3.1
et al), on the grounds that it still seemed to be a moving target, cf
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1381193255.25702.4.camel@vanquo.pezone.net

I've not seen any further work on PGXS since commit eebdea08b, so maybe
that complaint is no longer valid?  On the other hand, dddc91ddd leaves
the impression that all is not yet well in PGXS-land.

> Thankfully I'm mostly using Debian so it's already patched for me.

The Debian guys do seem remarkably willing to apply patches that
upstream doesn't trust yet, don't they.

Anyway, my opinion about this one is it's not a regression and therefore
not a blocker, but I have no objection to fixing it in the back branches
once we have consensus that the fix is stable.