Re: Major performance problem after upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Major performance problem after upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Gerhard Wiesinger <lists@wiesinger.com> writes:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think what may be happening here is that a postgres executable expects
>> to find itself in a full installation tree, ie if it's in /someplace/bin
>> then the timezone files are in /someplace/share, etc.  Did you do a full
>> "make install" after building, or did you just copy the postgres
>> executable?

> I just copied it as discussed in the original mail to avoid that make
> install kills the 8.4 production RPM version:
> cp ./src/backend/postgres /bin/postgres-8.3.11

Definitely not going to work.  Instead, configure with --prefix set
to /someplace/harmless, make, make install, execute from
/someplace/harmless/bin/.

Сообщение: Re: Major performance problem after upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Major performance problem after upgrade from 8.3 to 8.4