Re: [HACKERS] psql updates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] psql updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2000-01-22, Tom Lane mentioned:
>> The tab-completion
>> behavior seems a little flaky (if you press tab when you don't have
>> a partial keyword typed, it wipes out whatever word you do have typed)

> In some cases this might be intentional. For example, when you enter
> => insert xx<tab>
> then the xx gets replaced by INTO because it's the only valid thing to put
> there anyway. If you observed someting different, then I'd be interested
> in looking at it.

What I see with this ancient libreadline is
SELECT zz<tab>

zz is wiped out and replaced by a single space.  However, this does
*not* happen with more modern readlines; and since I don't even know
where to get source code corresponding to the readline that's on this
old Linux system, I doubt it's worth worrying about.