Re: Building libpq independently of server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Building libpq independently of server
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Igor Korot <ikorot01@gmail.com> writes:
> As I said - I'm interested in the libpq either prebuilt binaries or instructions
> on how to build them without getting the whole distribution.

Twenty years ago it was reasonable to provide a mechanism for building
only libpq ... but on modern hardware, the time to build the whole PG
distribution is way less than the time you've spent composing these
various messages.  Nor is the install footprint so large that anybody
would notice it on a modern storage device.  So we've pretty much lost
interest in providing subset build processes.  If you don't like the
ad-hoc approach I offered upthread, just build the whole thing and be
done.