Re: Why performance improvement on converting subselect

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Why performance improvement on converting subselect
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Rajesh Kumar Mallah <> writes:
> Below are the plans for two cases. I dont know how to read them accurately
> can u please explain them.

Well, they're the same plan, as far as they go.  I suppose that the
runtime difference must come from choosing a different plan inside the
most_recent_edition() function, which we cannot see in the explain
output.  As before, turning on logging of verbose query plans is the
only way to look at what the function is doing.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/view.php?version=7.3&idoc=0&file=performance-tips.html