Re: Re: Too many open files (was Re: spinlock problems reported earlier)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Too many open files (was Re: spinlock problems reported earlier)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Maybe a setting that controls the total number of files that postmaster
> plus backends can allocate among them would be useful.

That'd be nice if we could do it, but I don't see any inexpensive way
to get one backend to release an open FD when another one needs one.
So, divvying up the limit on an N-per-backend basis seems like the
most workable approach.

Сообщение: Re: Re: Too many open files (was Re: spinlock problems reported earlier)
Сообщение: Re: Re: Too many open files (was Re: spinlock problems reported earlier)