Re: Old "Feature" - Copy table ignores column defaults

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Old "Feature" - Copy table ignores column defaults
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Tim Perdue <tim@perdue.net> writes:
> I see there are a handful of reports of this, but it does seem broken to
> me. If I am copying a table and a column is blank, surely it makes sense
> to substitute the column default from the table?

There is no such concept as "blank" in SQL.

7.3 does have the ability to COPY a subset of a column's tables and
insert default values for the omitted columns.  But if a column is
provided in the input, there is no clean way to decide that a particular
input value ought to be replaced by a default.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: