Re: [HACKERS] Frustration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Frustration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Simms <grim@argh.demon.co.uk> writes:
> Now, I know nobody can debug anything from what I have just said, but
> I cannot get a better set of bug reports. I CANT get postgres to send
> out debug

> /usr/bin/postmaster -o "-F -S 10240" -d 3 -S -N 512 -B 3000 -D/var/lib/pgsql/data -o -F > /tmp/postmasterout 2>
/tmp/postmastererr

Don't use the -S switch (the second one, not the one inside -o).

Looking in postmaster.c, I see that causes it to redirect stdout/stderr
to /dev/null (probably not too hot an idea, but that's doubtless been
like that for a *long* time).  Instead launch with something like
nohup postmaster switches... </dev/null >logfile 2>errfile &

Good luck figuring out where the real problem is...