Re: notice handler in libpq-based driver

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: notice handler in libpq-based driver
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> No, I'm not sure how to handle this either - the old driver handled it
> in the socket code along with other messages. I'm not sure how, with the
> noticeProcessor, we would associate notices with specific statements or
> connections.

IIRC, the notice processor is passed a void pointer that you specify
when you set up the notice hook.  Typically you'd give it a pointer to
your own data structure describing the connection.  It should be able to
find out whatever it needs to know from there.