Re: Possible regression: libpq + SSL aborts when user has no home directory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible regression: libpq + SSL aborts when user has no home directory
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 00:58, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> One small problem is that if the sslmode is "verify-ca" or
>>> "verify-full", failure to find the root cert file is an error,
>>> and that error message normally includes the pathname at which
>>> the cert file was sought.  What shall we print if we couldn't
>>> identify the home directory?

> Is there any case when it would actually be realistic that we don't
> find the home directory, but the user can't figure out that's why it
> couldn't find the file? If so, the "could not get home directory" adds
> some more information... We can't exactly expect the end user to know
> that this is the only codepath that can lead to the error message...

Yeah, after sleeping on it I think that it'd be better to have a
specialized error message for this case.  It's not significantly
more code, but it would represent another translatable string,
and I had first thought that dodging that would be good.  But it's
a sufficiently odd case that making the error message as explicit
as possible is probably the best thing.  Will change and commit.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5914: locking error in heap_fetch
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5914: locking error in heap_fetch