Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows
Дата
Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows
Список pgsql-performance
Jan de Visser <jdevisser@digitalfairway.com> writes:
> Furtermore, it does not happen on Linux machines, both single CPU and dual
> CPU, nor on single CPU windows machines. We can only reproduce on a dual CPU
> windows machine, and if we take one CPU out, it does not happen.
> Which showed me that several transactions where waiting for a particular row
> which was locked by another transaction. This transaction had no pending
> locks (so no deadlock), but just does not complete and hence never
> relinquishes the lock.

Is the stuck transaction still consuming CPU time, or just stopped?

Is it possible to get a stack trace from the stuck process?  I dunno
if you've got anything gdb-equivalent under Windows, but that's the
first thing I'd be interested in ...

Сообщение: Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows
Сообщение: Re: Hanging queries on dual CPU windows