Re: pg_regress breaks on msys

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_regress breaks on msys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito@guitar.ocn.ne.jp> writes:
> This is very strange.!!
>      boolean              ... ok
>      char                 ... diff command failed with status 1: "diff -w "./expected/char.out"
> "./results/char.out" >"./results/char.diff""
> server stopped

Yes, I believe the problem is that our Windows versions of the
WIFEXITED/WEXITSTATUS macros are wrong. pg_regress is trying to verify
that the diff call didn't fail entirely (eg, diff not there or failed
to read one of the files), but the status code diff is returning for
"files not the same" is confusing it.

Can anyone check into what the result status conventions really are on
Windows?  I am tempted to change the macros to just swap the bytes,
but I dunno what that will do to their existing usages to check the
result of pclose() or win32_waitpid().