Re: Upcoming PG re-releases

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Upcoming PG re-releases
Дата
Re: Upcoming PG re-releases  ("Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Have we actually officially stopped supporting the 7.2 series?

Yeah, we have.  It reached the "too difficult to support" point already
(the VACUUM/ctid bug back in August --- the patch used in the later
branches wouldn't apply at all, IIRC).

> All this needs some announcement from the core trsam, IMNSHO - there has
> been some confusion over it (e.g. I saw someone recently saying we had
> stopped supporting the 7.3 series, which the above would seem to
> indicate is not true).

Personally I expect to keep supporting 7.3 for a long while, because Red
Hat pays me to ;-) ... and the EOL date for RHEL3 is a long way away yet.
The PG community may stop bothering with 7.3 releases before that.  But
I think Marc and Bruce figure "as long as the patches are in our CVS we
may as well put out a release".

We hashed all this out in the pghackers list back in August, but I agree
there ought to be something about it on the website.