Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Report: removing the inconsistencies in our CVS->git conversion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> In addition to the above, we're going to want to clean up the
> Release_2_0_0 and Release_2_0 tags, but I'm not sure if there's
> a reasonable way to script those when the commit SHA1's aren't frozen
> yet.  I can give you timestamps for the commits they should point at,
> but I lack the git-fu to convert that into a git tag command.

> Similarly, we're going to want to repoint REL6_5, REL7_1, REL7_1_2
> tags at more appropriate places, but right now all I have for those is
> timestamps.  (I've also identified places to tag the other early
> releases, but those tags can certainly be added later.)

Actually, the simplest way to handle this might be to just delete all
five of those tags during the conversion, and then I'll put them back
in the right places later when I add the other old-release tags.
That way we won't have any tags getting moved after the repository is
published.  (Or am I wrong about that being something to avoid?  But
in any case we want to gc the manufactured commits for Release_2_0_0
and Release_2_0.)

Сообщение: Re: Update comment for README.HOT
Сообщение: Re: Update comment for README.HOT