Re: pg_config MSVC makefile

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_config MSVC makefile
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
>> I recall proposing a couple months ago that we kill those makefiles,
>> but there was at least one objection at the time.

> My main concern is that they don't end up suffering terminal bit-rot
> because I stop helping maintain them - if we ship them, they should
> work.

Don't feel that it's on your head to keep them working.  The project's
attitude towards port-specific files has always been that it's the
responsibility of the users of that port to keep 'em working.  If there
are no users of a port, it will suffer bit-rot, and eventually we'll
decide to remove it.  But I think it's a bit early to declare that there
are no users of the MSVC or Borland ports.