Re: Server crash with older tzload library

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Server crash with older tzload library
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> No, Jeevan is talking about tzcode, not tzdata. The zoneinfo library is
> split into two parts, we update the data part at each release, but we
> don't sync up our code with upstream code changes regularly.

It strikes me that maybe we are putting ourselves at risk by blithely
pushing tzdata updates into back branches without also pushing tzcode
updates.  However, doing this would mean updating the back branches for
64bit tzdata, which is not a small change.  Heikki, do you remember how
much that patch affected stuff outside the tzcode files proper?

In any case it would be madness to try to get that into the releases due
to be wrapped today, but maybe it should be on the to-do list to make it
happen soon (in particular, before we desupport 8.0, because this could
matter for the long-term usability of 8.0).