Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Since, buildfarm/quiet inline test issues aside, pademelon is the only
> animal not supporting inlines and varargs, I think we should just go
> ahead and start to use both.

I'm good with using inlines, since as I pointed out upthread, that won't
actually break anything.  I'm much less convinced that varargs macros
represent a winning tradeoff.  Using those *will* irredeemably break
pre-C99 compilers, and AFAICS we do not have an urgent need for them.

(BTW, where are you drawing the conclusion that all these compilers
support varargs?  I do not see a configure test for it.)

Сообщение: Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6
Сообщение: Re: Raising our compiler requirements for 9.6