Re: Getting closer with functions, but...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Getting closer with functions, but...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Holmes  <sholmes@pacificnet.net> writes:
> Is there a syntax that will allow me to build an sql statement for use
> in theis funcation (ie delete from stxnoted where filename = fname and
> record_key = rkey).

Not in plpgsql, because it wants to precompile the queries, so you can't
determine table or field names at runtime, just substitute values for
constants.

pltcl doesn't precompile, so it should do what you want (at a price in
performance of course).  I think plperl works like pltcl, if you prefer
perl over tcl.