Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Formatting Curmudgeons WAS: MMAP Buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 04/17/2011 07:41 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>> That puts the overall patch acceptance rate at perhaps 75%.

>> That someone overstates the acceptance rate, because it ignores the
>> patches that people post and immediately get flamed to a well-done
>> crisp before adding them to the CF app, but there are not very many of
>> those any more.

> I don't believe there were ever terribly many of them.

Well, that number also ignores patches that were *committed* without
ever making it to the CF list.  There aren't terribly many of those
either I think, but it does happen, particularly for small patches.
If you want to argue about the acceptance rate for out-of-CF-process
patches you'd have to do some serious digging in the archives to say
anything about what it is.

But anyway this is quibbling.  The point I was trying to make is that
our patch acceptance rate is fairly far north of 50%, not south of it.
So we might hold people's feet to the fire a bit in the process, but
it's hardly impossible to get a patch committed.