Re: Why would query return PGRES_NONFATAL_ERROR?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why would query return PGRES_NONFATAL_ERROR?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com> writes:
> I'm using 7.3.2, invoke a small stored procedure via PQexec, and
> PQresultStatus returns PGRES_NONFATAL_ERROR. I can find nothing in the docs
> to help me understand what could cause this, and PQresultErrorMessage is
> blank.

Hmm ... PGRES_NONFATAL_ERROR is only used for reporting NOTICE messages
coming from the backend, and AFAICS such a result should never be
returned out of PQexec; it's only passed to the notice-message receiver.
You say you're getting it back from PQexec?  You *sure* your libpq is
7.3 vintage?

> I've gone into postgresql.conf and upped the logging info. Any clues as to
> what I should be looking for?

A NOTICE or WARNING sent to that client ...