Re: Uninitialized var utilized (src/backend/tsearch/spell.c)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Uninitialized var utilized (src/backend/tsearch/spell.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> writes:
> Em sex., 9 de out. de 2020 às 11:08, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se>
> escreveu:
>> To help reviewers, your report should contain an explanation of when that
>> can happen.

> When option "flag" is not handled.
> if (STRNCMP(pstr, "flag") == 0)

I think what he means is that if the file contains no "flag" command
before an affix entry then then we would arrive at NIAddAffix with an
undefined flag buffer.  That's illegal syntax according to a quick scan
of the ispell(5) man page, which explains the lack of complaints; but
it might be worth guarding against.

Aside from failing to initialize some variables that need it, it looks to
me like NIImportAffixes is uselessly initializing some variables that
don't need it.  I'd also be inclined to figure out which values are
actually meant to be carried across lines, and declare the ones that
aren't inside the loop, just for clarity.