Re: PhpBB 3.x query review

От Shelby Cain
Тема Re: PhpBB 3.x query review
Дата
Список pgsql-general

----- Original Message ----

There is hardly any data in the table (~133 rows per page by my calculation) so the planner is choosing
to do a direct sequential scan instead of using an indirect lookup through an
index because it is faster.  Considering the query returned in under 0.1ms I think you may be engaging in premature
optimizationby adding indexes to this table.  If you expect that table to eventually contain many thousands of entries
thenan index might be prudent.

Regards,

Shelby Cain

Be a better friend, newshound, and