Re: Breakpoints are not triggered in analyze.c (debugging Postgresql in Visual studio)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Breakpoints are not triggered in analyze.c (debugging Postgresql in Visual studio)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?GB2312?B?RmVsaXgu0Ow=?= <ygnhzeus@gmail.com> writes:
> I've set up a developing environment on my windows using Visual Studio
> 2012, everything works fine, except that the breakpoints set in analyze.c
> are not triggered in debug mode (breakpoints in main.c and some
> initialization code worked well), and I'm sure that line has been executed
> since my own messages have been printed on the console. Does anyone have
> any experience debugging postgresql in Visual Studio?

There are two different source files named analyze.c; I wonder which one
the debugger thinks you are talking about ...

In gdb, the solution for this is to always start by setting a breakpoint
by function name.  Once you're stopped in a particular source file, gdb
will assume that that file is meant by "b linenumber" references.  Perhaps
the same kind of trick will work with VS.