Re: Trouble Upgrading Postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trouble Upgrading Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 11/6/18 8:27 AM, Daniel Verite wrote:
>> Adrian Klaver wrote:
>>> To me that looks like a bug, putting data into a record you cannot get out.

>> Strictly speaking, it could probably get out with COPY in binary format,
>> but pg_dump doesn't use that.

Another possibility, seeing that the problematic data is bytea, is that
it might depend on whether you use hex or escape bytea_output format.
Hex format is reliably twice the size of the stored data, but escape
format could be anywhere from the same size as the stored data to four
times the size, depending on the contents.  pg_dump is agnostic about this
and will just dump using the prevailing bytea_output setting, so you might
be able to get it to work by changing that setting.

Сообщение: Re: why select count(*) consumes wal logs
Сообщение: Re: why select count(*) consumes wal logs