Re: pg_dump/pg_restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump/pg_restore
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Colin Stearman" <cstearman@infofind.com> writes:
> 1. Large objects dumped, deleted then restored do not retain their original=
>  OIDs.  Big problem as we reference their OIDs in tables.

They're not supposed to (indeed cannot).  pg_restore is supposed to arrange
for references to large-object OIDs to be updated to the new values,
however.  I believe it looks in columns of types OID and LO --- if you
stored your references in plain int columns, that was a mistake.

If you're using the -o option simply because you think you need it for
blobs, you don't need it.

> 2. The pg_restore command --list indicated no Blobs in the dump file even w=
> hen there are.  For example:

>   75; 0 BLOBS BLOBS=20

Looks like you have blobs to me: that entry wouldn't even be there,
otherwise.