Re: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier...
Дата
Ответ на Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier...  ("Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <francisco@npgsql.org>)
Ответы Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Re: [GENERAL] Different encoding for string values and identifier strings? Or (select 'tést' as tést) returns different values for string and identifier...  ("Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <francisco@npgsql.org>)
Список pgsql-general
"Francisco Figueiredo Jr." <francisco@npgsql.org> writes:
> My database has encoding set to UTF-8 although my lc_collate is pt.BR.UTF-8
> this lc setting my have cause some trouble?

Hmmm ... actually, it strikes me that this may be a downcasing problem.
PG will try to feed an unquoted identifier through tolower(), and that
basically can't work on multibyte characters.  Most implementations of
tolower() are smart enough to not change high-bit-set bytes in UTF8
locales, but maybe your platform's is not ...