Re: Variable LIMIT and OFFSET in SELECTs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Variable LIMIT and OFFSET in SELECTs
Дата
Re: Variable LIMIT and OFFSET in SELECTs
Список pgsql-general
Sam Mason <sam@samason.me.uk> writes:
> wow, that's kind of fun isn't it.  I only thought you could put a
> constant in there.  Maybe I should have had a look in the grammar/tested
> it first!

IIRC, it used to be restricted to a constant, a few revisions back.
In current releases the only restriction that stems from laziness is
not allowing a sub-select.  (If anyone were to put forward a serious
use-case, we'd probably go fix that.)

The OP's complaint is that we don't allow a variable of the query's own
level, but AFAICT he's still not grasped the point that that leads to an
indeterminate limit value ...

Сообщение: Re: Variable LIMIT and OFFSET in SELECTs
Сообщение: Re: Variable LIMIT and OFFSET in SELECTs