Re: contrib/xml2 and PG_MODULE_MAGIC

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: contrib/xml2 and PG_MODULE_MAGIC
Дата
Re: contrib/xml2 and PG_MODULE_MAGIC  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> contrib/xml2 currently has PG_MODULE_MAGIC in xslt_proc.c, which
> results in a runtime error on systems that built the module without
> support for libxslt per the comments in the Makefile.  Should
> PG_MODULE_MAGIC be in xpath.c instead?

[ examines xml2/Makefile ... ]  Yeah, sure looks that way.  Will fix.

Even more interesting would be to fix things so that xml2 gets built as
part of the regular contrib build, but I'm not sure if we're ready to
add stuff to the configure script for the sole benefit of a contrib
module.  I'd be more willing to do it if there were a long-term plan for
putting libxml-dependent code into the core.  Do we have a roadmap yet
for XML development?  I thought there was a session at the anniversary
conference devoted to sketching one, but if anything came out of that
I missed it.