Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Replace duplicate_oids with Perl implementation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Replace duplicate_oids with Perl implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10/11/13 3:57 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> What about unused_oids?

> We are not planning to put unused_oids in to the main build path, so
> there is much less of a need to make it more portable or robust.

> Also, as we have just (re-)learned, you cannot rely on /usr/bin/perl
> being there, so rewriting unused_oids in Perl would arguably make it
> less usable.

I'd argue the opposite --- the existing shell-script version is entirely
useless to developers running on Windows, while they could use a Perl
version.  Also, we've pretty much locked in the assumption that developers
will have Perl.

I've not actually looked at Andrew's script yet, but if it works I think
we should replace the shell script.