Re: Postgresql 'eats' all mi data partition

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql 'eats' all mi data partition
Дата
Success report (WAS: postgresql 'eats' my whole data partition)  (Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Tomas Szepe <szepe@pinerecords.com> writes:
> stats_min_pkey primary key btree (ip, "start")
> stats_min_start btree ("start")
> stats_hr_pkey primary key btree (ip, "start")
> stats_hr_start btree ("start")

> ip is of type "inet" in all tables.
> start is of type "timestamp without time zone" in all tables.

Okay, so a pkey index entry will take 32 bytes counting overhead ...
you've got about 10:1 bloat on the stats_min indexes and 2:1 in stats_hr.
Definitely bad :-(

I expect the bloat is coming from the fact that the interesting range of
"start" changes over time.  7.4 should be able to recycle index space
in that situation, but 7.3 and before can't.