Re: Can't start PostgreSQL

От Casey Duncan
Тема Re: Can't start PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It seems you were running a pre-8.x postgresql version before, its
data files are not compatible with the new version you have now.
You'll need to find out the version that used to be installed by
looking at the PG_VERSION file in your postgres data directory.

Once you do that you will need to install the old version (you can
download it from postgresql.org), start it against the database
directory and dump the databases. You can use pg_dumpall for this.

Once you have dumped the dbs, you can move the old data directory
aside, and run initdb for the new postgresql (8.1.4) and start it.
Then import the databases you previously dumped.

hth,

-Casey