Windows static link

От Israel Brewster
Тема Windows static link
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Ok, now that I got everything working on the Mac side of things, I am
moving on to windows, and, naturally, running into problems.
Specifically, I downloaded the PostgreSQL installer from the win32
directory and installed it on my windows 2000 box, making sure to
select the development libraries. This installed lib, bin, and include
directories on my drive as expected. So far, so good.

Next I tried to use those libraries to make a static build of the Qt
development tools, making sure to specify the -I <postgres include
path>, -l pq, and -L <postgres lib path> command line switches. The
first error I ran into was "unable to locate file for -lpq". After
some googling, I came across this page ( http://www.rag.com.au/linux/qt4howto.html
  ), with instructions on using reimp and dlltool on the libmysql.lib
and mysql.dll files to produce a .a file. I tried the same procedure
on the libpq.lib and libpq.dll files, which did produce a .a file and
eliminate the "unable to locate file" error, but perhaps this was wrong?

At any rate, while this did allow the configure and make command to
run through normally, the make install (which actually does quite a
bit of compiling itself) command failed with multiple "undefined
reference to PQ<xyz>" errors. Judging by the PQ prefix on all of the
functions, it would appear to me that they are PostgreSQL related, and
that as such the postgreSQL library is not functioning properly. Given
the procedure I went through to get the build to recognize the library
at all, I'm not surprised, but if someone could help me fix it, it
would be appreciated. Thanks!
Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.