Re: array support patch phase 1 patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> writes:
>> A bigger problem is that I doubt this will actually work.  Most of the
>> places that call compatible_oper will then proceed to call the function
>> from specialized code that does not bother with consing up an expression
>> tree --- so a polymorphic function is going to fail anyway...

> Well, not necessarily in the case of array_type-to-ANYARRAY. In that
> case the element type information in the array itself gives the function
> all the context it needs (if it looks there, which in the case of
> array_eq at least it does). Maybe it makes sense to only allow the
> array_type-to-ANYARRAY case?

Yeah, I think we could get away with that.  It might be appropriate to
put that single special case into IsBinaryCoercible, instead of allowing
it only for the compatible_oper case.  I can't recall offhand what else
uses IsBinaryCoercible ...

Сообщение: Re: array support patch phase 1 patch
Сообщение: Re: array support patch phase 1 patch