Re: [9.0beta5/cvs head] build failure due to unchecked results

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [9.0beta5/cvs head] build failure due to unchecked results
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Still, I think we should consider applying the portion of
> the proposed patch that avoid relying on the contents of the fgets()
> buffer after fgets() returns NULL,

I concur, those two changes look worthwhile.  The proposed Assert()
additions are right out, though, as they would turn write failures
into database crashes.  The current code doesn't even think that such
a failure is worth testing for, so that's surely an overreaction.
(And in any case, if Asserts are disabled, this change would fail to
suppress the warning, no?)

Сообщение: Re: BUG #5443: Undetected deadlock situation
Сообщение: Re: BUG #5443: Undetected deadlock situation