Re: TODO items for window functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TODO items for window functions
Дата
Re: TODO items for window functions  (Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine@hi-media.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Heikki Linnakangas escribi�:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> pg_catalog | nth_value | anyelement       | anyelement, integer OVER window
>>
>> That looks like "OVER window" is associated with the "integer", like
>> DEFAULT. I don't have any better suggestions, though.

>   pg_catalog | nth_value | anyelement       | (anyelement, integer) OVER window

Yeah, I had considered that too, and it has a distinct advantage for
parameterless functions like rank():
  Schema   | Name | Result data type | Argument data types
windowpg_catalog| rank | bigint           | () OVER window

The latter is definitely clearer about what you're supposed to do.

However, it seems kind of inconsistent to do this for window functions
unless we also make \df start putting parens around the argument lists
for regular functions.  Comments?