Re: oid2name reports much fewer files...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: oid2name reports much fewer files...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mario Weilguni <mweilguni@sime.com> writes:
> I checked it again, it are exactly 301 files from oid2names (2 were header).

> This info is from the database itself:
> cms=# SELECT count(1) from pg_class ;
>  count
> -------
>    476
> (1 row)

> cms=# SELECT count(1), relkind from pg_class group by relkind;
>  count | relkind
> -------+---------
>      7 | S
>    299 | i
>    103 | r
>      1 | s
>     43 | t
>     23 | v

> And there are 443 files in the directory (without pg_internal.init, pgsql_tmp, PG_VERSION, and one pg_largeobject
file16404.1)

> Lets see:
> 476 entries - 23 views - 1 pg_xactlock - 7 sequences makes 445 entities, still off by 2. But it seems oid2name does
notlist some files.

The sequences should have files, so I make it 452 pg_class rows that
should have corresponding files.  However, those rows that have
relisshared = 't' correspond to files in $PGDATA/global, not files
in your per-database directory.  In 7.2 I believe there should be ten
such rows, one of which is pg_xactlock, so 443 seems the correct count.

Could you make a list of the pg_class.relfilenode values for
'S','i','r','t' rows (excluding relisshared rows), and compare that
against what oid2name is reporting to see what it is missing or
getting wrong?