Re: Problem with data corruption and psql memory usage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with data corruption and psql memory usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Gerhard Wiesinger <lists@wiesinger.com> writes:
> LOG:  could not fsync segment 0 of relation 1663/16386/42726: Input/output
> error

[ raised eyebrow... ]  I think your machine is flakier than you believe.
This error is particularly damning, but the general pattern of weird
failures all over the place seems to me to fit the idea of hardware
problems much better than any other explanation.  FC6 and PG 8.2.3 are
both pretty darn stable for most people, so there's *something* wrong
with your installation, and unstable hardware is the first thing that
comes to mind.