Re: Planner selects different execution plans depending on limit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Planner selects different execution plans depending on limit
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jesper Krogh <jesper@krogh.cc> writes:
> On 13/09/12 16:42, Bill Martin wrote:
>> Yes, I've run the ANALYZE command. Regards, Bill Martin

> The main problem in your case is actually that you dont store the
> tsvector in the table.

Oh, duh, obviously I lack caffeine this morning.

> If you store to_tsvector('simple',content.content) in a column in
> the database and search against that instead
> then you'll allow PG to garther statistics on the column and make the
> query-planner act according to that.

He can do it without having to change his schema --- but it's the index
column, not the underlying content column, that needs its statistics
target adjusted.

Сообщение: Re: Planner selects different execution plans depending on limit
Сообщение: Re: Planner selects different execution plans depending on limit