Re: [BUGS] BUG #14727: Inicial running of Postgres.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14727: Inicial running of Postgres.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
rthomques@gmail.com writes:
> I got this prompt:

> ast login: Sun Jul  2 15:27:56 on ttys000
> roberto-henriquess-macbook-2:~ thom$ psql
> psql (9.6.3)
> Type "help" for help.

> thom=# createdb mydb
> thom-# mydb
> thom-#

> The prompt remains in my user name.

"createdb" is a shell command; you'd issue that to your shell not to psql.
The equivalent thing to do in psql would be
create database mydb;

(don't forget the semicolon).  Also, once you'd created it, the
way to switch to it within a psql session would be
\c mydb

While we're here, notice the subtle changes in psql's command prompt
--- that indicates that it thinks you're continuing a multiline command.
That's why nothing seems to be happening.  If you'd typed a semicolon
to end the command, you'd have gotten a syntax error of one sort or
another.