Re: complex query performance assistance request

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: complex query performance assistance request
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
John Mendenhall <john@surfutopia.net> writes:
> Would it be best to attempt to rewrite it for IN?
> Or, should we try to tie it in with a join?

Couldn't say without a deeper understanding of what you're trying to
accomplish.

> BTW, what does the Materialize query plan element mean?

Means "run the contained subplan once, and save the results aside in a
buffer; on subsequent loops, just pass back the buffer contents instead
of re-running the subplan".