Re: ecpg localization

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ecpg localization
Дата
Re: ecpg localization  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Am Samstag, 26. April 2008 schrieb Euler Taveira de Oliveira:
>> One of the few parts of the core that is not localized is the ecpg.
>> Attached is a patch that builds the basic infrastructure to make it
>> possible.

> Looks good for a start, but what is missing in this patch is that mmerror and
> the other functions actually call gettext.  So currently this patch doesn't
> achieve a lot.

Well, it was only advertised as infrastructure, not a completed feature.

I'm wondering whether it would be appropriate to apply now despite being
incomplete.  The patch touches enough places in ecpg that code drift is
likely to be a serious problem if it has to sit around for long.

Ultimately Michael's opinion is the one that matters most for ecpg
stuff, anyway.  Michael?