Re: Patch: Allow substring/replace() to get/set bit values

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Patch: Allow substring/replace() to get/set bit values
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Leonardo F <m_lists@yahoo.it> writes:
> I've even got
> "ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 4244635647"
> with:
> SELECT substring(B'1111000000000001' from 5 for -2);

Hm, yeah, somebody was sloppy about exposing the three-argument
form of varbit substring and using -1 to represent the two-argument
form.

What we can do in the back branches is make the code treat any
negative value as meaning two-arg form.  To throw an error we'd
need to refactor the pg_proc representation ...

Сообщение: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions
Сообщение: Re: Testing with concurrent sessions