Re: Challenges preventing us moving to 64 bit transaction id (XID)?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Challenges preventing us moving to 64 bit transaction id (XID)?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy@gmail.com> writes:
> Alexander, what is the process you're using to create the patch?  I've heard someone (maybe Tom Lane?) say that he
sometimesuses "patch" directly instead of "git" to create the patch, with better results.  I forget the exact command.

Nah, you've got that the other way 'round.  "patch" is not for creating
patches, it's for applying them.  I've found, and some other people seem
to agree, that "patch" is more robust at applying patches than "git apply"
is.  You might try this for a patch created with "git diff":

    patch -p1 <patchfile

Be sure to cd to the top of the source tree first.  Also, you can do

    patch --dry -p1 <patchfile

if you just want to see whether it will complain without messing up
your tree.

(I gather from the messages it prints that the Patch Tester uses
"patch" not "git apply", so probably this patch would fail anyway.)

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] SQL/JSON in PostgreSQL