Re: lots of unused variable warnings in assert-free builds

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: lots of unused variable warnings in assert-free builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On sön, 2012-01-15 at 01:37 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Surely this will fail entirely on most non-gcc compilers?

> No, because __attribute__() is defined to empty for other compilers.  We
> use this pattern already.

Oh, duh.  In that case my only objection to doing it like this is that
I'd like to see what pgindent will do with it.  pgindent is not very
nice about #ifdef's in variable lists (it tends to insert unwanted
vertical space) so it's possible that this way will look better.