Re: I am done

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: I am done
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> Does anyone else have an opinion on this? If not, I will implement it per
> Bruce's commentary.

> On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> I think the second, passing an arg to say whether it is server or
>> client, will do the trick, though now you need an error one too.  I
>> guess you have to use #define and set it, or pass a string down with the
>> GUC variable and test that with strcmp.

I think you're going to end up un-merging the routines.  There is no way
to pass an extra parameter to the set/check routines (at least not
without uglifying all the rest of the GUC code).  The design premise is
that the per-variable hook routines know what they're supposed to do,
and in that case this means one hook for each variable.